Houston Bankruptcy Filing Information
Houston Bankruptcy Attorney R.J.Atkinson handles bankruptcy cases under Chapter 7, Chapter 11, & Chapter 13, debt relief, I.R.S. tax problems, as well as financially based legal problems and bankruptcy related matters in Houston, Texas as well as Harris County, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, and Galveston Counties.
Where to File for Bankruptcy in Houston — Houston Bankruptcy Court
There are many Bankruptcy Courts in Texas, and depending on where you live or where your business is located will determine where your bankruptcy case can be filed.
Bankruptcy is a product of the Federal legal process and as such, Bankruptcy matters are handled in Federal Courts. In Texas and throughout the United Sates the Federal Courts are divided into different districts which in essence determine the jurisdiction where a particular case is to be filed.
The are 94 federal judicial districts in the United States which handle bankruptcy matters, and in almost all districts, bankruptcy cases are filed in the bankruptcy court. Bankruptcy cases cannot be filed in state court.
In Texas, there are 4 Federal Districts. Each of these 4 Federal Districts have Divisions which geographically determine where a particular Texas Bankruptcy case can be filed. Each District has its own judges, trustees, forms, local rules, policies, and procedures. Each Division may also have particular judges, trustees, forms, local rules, policies, and procedures specific to the Division under the District.
If you live in Houston, Texas, Harris County, or the Counties of Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, or Galveston and are considering filing for bankruptcy, you may be wondering where to file for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a Federal process so a Houston Bankruptcy Case would be filed in a Houston Federal Bankruptcy Court - The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
The official site of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas. The Bankruptcy Court has several locations or Divisions: Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Houston, Laredo, McAllen, and Victoria. The website provides a variety of helpful information and useful links.
- The Houston Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Harris, Austin, Brazos, Colorado, Fayette, Fort Bend, Grimes, Madison, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker, and Wharton
- The Brownsville Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Cameron and Willacy
- The Corpus Christi Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Aransas, Bee, Brooks, Duval, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, Live Oak, Nueces, and San Patricio
- The Galveston Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Galveston, Brazoria, Matagorda, and Chambers
- The Laredo Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Jim Hogg, La Salle, McMullen, Webb, and Zapata
- The McAllen Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Starr and Hidalgo
- The Victoria Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Calhoun, Dewitt, Goliad, Jackson, Lavaca, Refugio, and Victoria
Our Houston Bankruptcy Attorneys handle Bankruptcy cases in Houston and in the following cities:
Baytown, Bellaire, Bunker Hill Village, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Galena Park, Hedwig Village, Hilshire Village, Houston, Humble, Hunters Creek Village, Jacinto City, Jersey Village, Katy, La Porte, League City, Missouri City, Morgan's Point, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Pearland, Piney Point Village, Seabrook, Shoreacres, South Houston, Southside Place, Spring Valley, Stafford, Taylor Lake Village, Tomball, Waller, Webster, West University Place, Conroe, Montgomery, Pinehurst, Porter Heights, Spring, The Woodlands, Arcola, Fulshear, Houston, Katy, Meadows Place, Missouri City, Needville, Pearland, Richmond, Rosenberg, Stafford, Sugar Land, Alvin, Angleton, Brazoria, Brookside Village, Clute, Danbury, Freeport, Lake Jackson, Liverpool, Manvel, Oyster Creek, Pearland, Richwood, Surfside Beach, Sweeny, West Columbia, Bayou Vista, Clear Lake Shores, Dickinson, Friendswood, Galveston, Hitchcock, Jamaica Beach, Kemah, La Marque, League City, Santa Fe, and Texas City.
Houston Bankruptcy Help
If you want to learn more about bankruptcy, contact the Houston Bankruptcy Attorneys at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson. We have helped thousands get a fresh start in Bankruptcy and we might be able to help you.
If you live in Houston, Sugarland, Missouri City, Baytown, The Woodlands, Pasadena, Channelview, and throughout the Houston Texas metro, or in the counties of Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, or Galveston, contact the Houston Bankruptcy Lawyers at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson. An experienced Houston Bankruptcy Lawyer can help you decide if filing bankruptcy is the best option for you to get rid of your debt, significantly reduce your debt, or reorganize your debt.
Houston Bankruptcy Help — Houston Bankruptcy Lawyer/Attorney R.J.Atkinson
Contact the Houston Bankruptcy Attorneys: 713-862-1700