Dallas Bankruptcy Filing Information
Dallas Bankruptcy Attorney R.J.Atkinson handles bankruptcy cases under Chapter 7, Chapter 11,& Chapter 13, debt relief, I.R.S. tax problems, as well as financially based legal problems and bankruptcy related matters in Dallas, Texas and Dallas County.
Where to File for Bankruptcy in Dallas — Dallas Bankruptcy Court
There are many Bankruptcy Courts in Texas, and depending on where you live or where your business is located will determine where your bankruptcy case can be filed.
Bankruptcy is a product of the Federal legal process and as such, Bankruptcy matters are handled in Federal Courts. In Texas and throughout the United Sates the Federal Courts are divided into different districts which in essence determine the jurisdiction where a particular case is to be filed.
There are 94 federal judicial districts in the United States which handle bankruptcy matters, and in almost all districts, bankruptcy cases are filed in the bankruptcy court. Bankruptcy cases cannot be filed in state court.
In Texas, there are 4 Federal Districts. Each of these 4 Federal Districts have Divisions which geographically determine where a particular Texas Bankruptcy case can be filed. Each District has its own judges, trustees, forms, local rules, policies, and procedures. Each Division may also have particular judges, trustees, forms, local rules, policies, and procedures specific to the Division under the District.
If you live in Dallas, Texas, Dallas County, or the Counties of Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Rockwall, and are considering filing for bankruptcy, you may be wondering where to file for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a Federal process so a Dallas Bankruptcy Case would be filed in a Dallas Federal Bankruptcy Court - The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas.
The official site of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas. The Bankruptcy Court has several locations or Divisions. Each location services different counties. Their website provides a variety of helpful information and useful links.
- The Dallas Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Dallas, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, and Rockwall
- The Abilene Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Callahan, Eastland, Fisher, Haskell, Howard, Jones, Mitchell, Nolan, Shackelford, Stephens, Stonewall, Taylor, and Throckmorton
- The Amarillo Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Armstrong, Briscoe, Carson, Castro, Childress, Collingsworth, Dallam, Deaf Smith, Donley, Gray, Hall, Hansford, Hartley, Hemphill, Hutchinson, Lipscomb, Moore, Ochiltree, Oldham, Parmer, Potter, Randall, Roberts, Sherman, Swisher, and Wheeler
- The Fort Worth Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Comanche, Erath, Hood, Jack, Palo Pinto, Parker, Tarrant, and Wise
- The Lubbock Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Bailey, Borden, Cochran, Crosby, Dawson, Dickens, Floyd, Gaines, Garza, Hale, Hockley, Kent, Lamb, Lubbock, Lynn, Motley, Scurry, Yoakum, and Terry
- The San Angelo Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Brown, Coke, Coleman, Concho, Crockett, Glasscock, Irion, Menard, Mills, Reagan, Runnels, Schleicher, Sterling, Sutton, and Tom Green
- The Wichita Falls Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Archer, Baylor, Clay, Cottle, Foard, Hardeman, King, Knox, Montague, Wichita, Wilbarger, and Young
Dallas Bankruptcy Help
The Dallas Bankruptcy Lawyers at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson can help you to understand The Bankruptcy Process. If you are consider filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy or simply need information on Managing Your Debt, Contact the Dallas Bankruptcy Attorneys at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson. Our Dallas Bankruptcy Lawyers can provide you a free bankruptcy evaluation and a free bankruptcy means test to determine your bankruptcy relief options.
Our Dallas Bankruptcy Attorneys handle Personal Bankruptcy and Business Bankruptcy cases in and around Dallas County, as well as the Counties of Denton, Tarrant, Kaufman, Collin, Rockwall, Grayson, Fannin, and Ellis. If you live in Dallas or the Dallas Metroplex and would like to file for Bankruptcy, the Dallas Bankruptcy Lawyers at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson may be able to help. We represent people and businesses in Bankruptcy proceedings in Dallas and throughout the Dallas area. We accept bankruptcy cases in Dallas, Addison, DeSoto, Balch Springs, Cedar Hill, Carrollton, Duncanville, Farmers Branch, Ferris, Garland, Cockrell Hill, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Coppell, Combine, Rowlett, Hutchins, Seagoville, Lancaster, Sunnyvale, Wilmer, University Park, Highland Park, Wylie, Richardson, Ovilla, Mesquite, Lewisville, Irving, Arlington, Bedford, Benbrook, Forest hill, Flower Mound, Haslet, Hurst, Keller, Lake Worth, Mansfield, Newark, North Richland Hills, Crowley, Colleyville, Euless, Richland Hills, Trophy Club, Red Oak, Ennis, Alma, Garrett, Palmer, Glenn Heights, Terrell, Rosser, Post Oak Bend City, Cottonwood, Crandall, Elmo, Forney, Kemp, Oak Grove, Rockwall, Allen, Blue Ridge, Farmersville, Murphy, Melissa, McKinney, Bonham, Ector, Lucas, Denison, Lavon, Frisco, Howe, Sherman, Sachse, Royse City, Nevada, Parker, Plano, and throughout the Dallas Texas Metroplex.
If you need Bankruptcy Debt Relief in Dallas or most anywhere in the Great State of Texas contact the Texas Bankruptcy Lawyers at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson. We can help you decide if filing bankruptcy is the best option for you to get rid of your debt, significantly reduce your debt, or reorganize your debt.
Dallas Bankruptcy Help — Dallas Texas Bankruptcy Lawyer/Attorney R.J.Atkinson
Contact the Dallas Bankruptcy Attorneys: 214-389-1550