Austin Bankruptcy Filing Information
Austin Bankruptcy Attorney R.J.Atkinson handles bankruptcy cases under Chapter 7, Chapter 11, & Chapter 13, debt relief, I.R.S. tax problems, as well as financially based legal problems and bankruptcy related matters in Austin, Texas, Travis County, and the counties of Williamson, Hays, Bastrop, Blanco, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Gillespie, Kimble, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, San Saba, and Washington.
Where to File for Bankruptcy in Austin — Austin Bankruptcy Court
There are many Bankruptcy Courts in Texas, and depending on where you live or where your business is located will determine where your bankruptcy case can be filed.
Bankruptcy is a product of the Federal legal process and as such, Bankruptcy matters are handled in Federal Courts. In Texas and throughout the United Sates the Federal Courts are divided into different districts which in essence determine the jurisdiction where a particular case is to be filed.
The are 94 federal judicial districts in the United States which handle bankruptcy matters, and in almost all districts, bankruptcy cases are filed in the bankruptcy court. Bankruptcy cases cannot be filed in state court.
In Texas, there are 4 Federal Districts. Each of these 4 Federal Districts have Divisions which geographically determine where a particular Texas Bankruptcy case can be filed. Each District has its own judges, trustees, forms, local rules, policies, and procedures. Each Division may also have particular judges, trustees, forms, local rules, policies, and procedures specific to the Division under the District.
If you live in Austin, Texas, or in Travis County, and are considering filing for bankruptcy, you may be wondering where to file for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a Federal process so an Austin Bankruptcy Case would be filed in an Austin Federal Bankruptcy Court - The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas.
- The Austin Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Bastrop, Blanco, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Gillespie, Hays, Kimble, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, San Saba, Travis, Washington, Williamson
- The San Antonio Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kenney, Kerr, Maverick, Medina, Real, Terrell, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson, Zavala
- The Waco Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, Freestone, Hamilton, Hill, Leon, Limestone, McLennan, Milam, Robertson, Somervell
- The Midland Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the Counties of Andrews, Brewster, Crane, Culberson, Ector, Hudspeth, Jeff Davis, Loving, Martin, Midland, Pecos, Presidio, Reeves, Upton, Ward, Winkler
- The El Paso Division administers and adjudicates Bankruptcy Cases & Bankruptcy Matters for the County of El Paso
Austin Bankruptcy Help
If you live in the Austin Texas Area and are consider filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, or simply need information on The Bankruptcy Process, Contact the Austin Bankruptcy Attorneys at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson. Our Austin Bankruptcy Lawyers can provide you a free initial consultation and a free bankruptcy means test to determine your bankruptcy relief options.
The Austin Bankruptcy Lawyers at R.J.Atkinson handle bankruptcy cases in Travis County, and the Counties of Bastrop, Blanco, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Gillespie, Hays, Kimble, Lampasas, Lee, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, San Saba, Washington, and Williamson County.
If you live in Austin Texas, Georgetown Texas, Round Rock Texas, San Marcos Texas, or in the Cities of Barton Creek, Bartlett, Bastrop, Bear Creek, Bee Cave, Blanco, Briarcliff, Buda, Cedar Park, Creedmoor, Coupland, Dripping Springs, Elgin, Florence, Garfield, Georgetown, Granger, Hutto, Hudson Bend, Jollyville, Jonestown, Jarrell, Johnson City, Kyle, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Leander, Liberty Hill, Lost Creek, Luling, Manchaca, Manor, Mountain City, Norman’s Crossing, Onion Creek, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Rollingwood, San Leanna, Shady hollow, Smithville, Sunset Valley, Taylor, Thorndale, Thrall, The Hills, Volente, Waterloo, Weir, Webberville, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Wimberley, Windmere, Woodcreek, or most anywhere in the Great State of Texas contact the Austin Bankruptcy Lawyers at The Law Offices Of R.J.Atkinson. We can help you decide if filing bankruptcy is the best option for you to get rid of your debt, significantly reduce your debt, or reorganize your debt.
For Austin Bankruptcy Help — Contact Austin Bankruptcy Lawyer R.J.Atkinson
Austin Bankruptcy Attorneys: 512-617-2899